This example show you how to read a text file using a Servlet. Use ServletContext.getResourceAsStream() will enable you to read a file whether the web application is deployed in an exploded format or in a war file archive
package org.kodejava.example.servlet;
import java.io.BufferedReader;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.InputStream;
import java.io.InputStreamReader;
import java.io.PrintWriter;
import javax.servlet.ServletContext;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse;
public class ReadTextFileServlet extends HttpServlet {
protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {
response.setContentType("text/html");
//
// We are going to read a file called configuration.properties. This
// file is placed under the WEB-INF directory.
//
String filename = "/WEB-INF/configuration.properties";
ServletContext context = getServletContext();
//
// First get the file InputStream using ServletContext.getResourceAsStream()
// method.
//
InputStream is = context.getResourceAsStream(filename);
if (is != null) {
InputStreamReader isr = new InputStreamReader(is);
BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(isr);
PrintWriter writer = response.getWriter();
String text = "";
//
// We read the file line by line and later will be displayed on the
// browser page.
//
while ((text = reader.readLine()) != null) {
writer.println(text);
}
}
}
protected void doPost(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {
}
}
The configuration.properties file is just a regular text file. Below is an example of the configuration we are going to read.
app.appname=Servlet Examples
app.version=1.0
app.copyright=2007
I Tried 30+ Python Courses and Certifications on Coursera - Here Are My Top
5 Recommendations for 2027
-
Hello guys, if you want to learn about Python programming and looking for
best online courses to learn Python then you have come to the right place.
In t...
17 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know.